Meet HVTC's Emerging Leaders
Congratulations to the following HVTC apprentices and trainees who have been chosen to join our 2023 Emerging Leaders Program:
- Acacia Penney, Surveying and Spatial Information Services trainee, hosted to Shoalhaven City Council – Water
- Ethan Townsend, Electrotechnology apprentice, hosted to Peabody Energy
- Harrison Murray, Engineering Mechanical apprentice, hosted to Centennial Mandalong
- Jan Kubecka, Engineering Mechanical apprentice, hosted to Origin Energy
- Kara Miller, Parks and Gardens apprentice, hosted to Sutherland Shire Council
- Maddison Bugden, Human Resources Management trainee, hosted to HVTC
- Marcus Wilson, Information Technology Trainee, hosted to Tocal College
- Melanie Dingle, Electrotechnology apprentice, hosted to Origin Energy
- Nicholas Wood, Engineering Mechanical apprentice, hosted to Peabody Metro
The program aims to recognise and support our leaders of the future, equipping participants with skills to practice self-leadership throughout their ongoing career. Over the next four months, each candidate will complete the following core modules of the BSB40520 Cert IV Leadership and Management qualification, delivered by the Central Coast Community College (RTO 90304):
- Develop and use emotional intelligence
- Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- Lead effective workplace relationships
- Lead and facilitate a team
This month the group will also be taking part in a 2-day leadership and development workshop in Manly with Be Challenged, which will involve a series of team building and learning activities, networking and study time.
(L-R) Maddison Bugden and Kara Miller
At the end of the program, a single candidate will be offered an opportunity to engage in an exciting work placement opportunity as well as a scholarship for additional studies.
HVTC is committed to the growth and development of our employees and we look forward to facilitating this learning opportunity for our apprentices and trainees.