Whitehaven Coal: not just any trade career
Interested in a hands-on career? Get a trade under your belt, industry experience and skills you can take anywhere with Whitehaven Coal.
HVTC is partnering with Whitehaven to deliver apprenticeship opportunities in the Gunnedah basin of NSW. Opportunities are available at the Maules Creek Open Cut Mine and Narrabri Coal Underground Mine located in the following trades:
- Engineering Mechanical
- Mobile Plant Technology
- Automotive Electrical.
For more than a decade, our collaboration has produced many talented apprentices who have gone on to achieve successful careers in the mining sector, including Georgia Foley - the 2020 Woman in Non-Traditional Trade Apprentice of the Year at both the HVTC and the National Apprentice Employment Network NSW/ACT Group Training Awards.
During your apprenticeship you will undertake a Certificate III qualification over 4 years through hands-on practical experience while hosted to Whitehaven Coal in conjunction with off-the-job training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). Throughout your on-the-job training you'll work alongside an experienced supervisor who will show you the ropes as you develop the knowledge and skills relevant to your chosen trade. It's an exciting industry to be a part of, where you'll get to work on a wide range of innovative machinery and technology, from 400t dump trucks to underground continuous miners.
What are the benefits?
- Pathway to a potential future career upon completion
- High earning potential
- Work with a leading Australian producer of quality coal
- Paid work while you study
- Nationally recognised Cert III qualification from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Vital workplace experience you can carry anywhere
- Work-integrated learning
How do I apply?
- Visit our careers page to view our current vacancies with Whitehaven Coal or fill out an Expression of Interest below to be notified when a role of interest becomes available.