Work with Shoalhaven City Council
Open the door to a potential career in Local Government.
HVTC and Shoalhaven City Council have worked together for nearly 25 years to future-proof their organisation and tackle high youth unemployment rates in the region through the delivery of an apprenticeship and traineeship program.
Our apprentices and trainees are hosted to Council in a wide variety of vocations, including: Business Admin, Carpentry, Civil Construction, Electrical, Engineering Fabrication, Engineering Mechanical, Horticulture, IT, Painting and Decorating and Waste Operations.
Notably, we have worked with Shoalhaven Water to implement and deliver a large scale Water Operations Traineeship Program in an effort to build a pool of skilled individuals who are trained and ready for the workforce.
What are the benefits?
- Entry level job in Local Government
- Paid work while you study
- Flexible training and employment opportunities
- Nationally recognised Cert III qualification from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Vital workplace experience you can carry anywhere
- Potential pathway to a permanent job upon completion
- Work-integrated learning
How do I apply?
Visit our careers page to view our current vacancies with Shoalhaven City Council or fill out an Expression of Interest below to be notified when a role of interest becomes available.