Information Technology Traineeships
Work local, go global - Get the IT skills to take you anywhere.
The NSW Government is offering young people the opportunity to apply for a NSW Information Technology (IT) Traineeship. You can become a valued IT professional with industry experience, industry specific training, and formal qualifications.
The traineeships have been designed for Year 12 school leavers seeking to commence a career in the high-growth Information Technology industry, with approximately 70 places available in 2022 across NSW with most being in the Sydney metro region.
This two-year traineeship program combines a formal qualification, industry recognised certification and practical experience working with a NSW Government agency. The traineeships are available in:
- Certificate III in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Information Technology
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security
What are the benefits?
- Two years full-time paid work, while studying 1 day per week
- Nationally recognised Cert III or IV qualification from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) such as TAFE NSW's Institute of Applied Technology
- Industry co-designed, innovative vendor specific training
- Vital workplace experience you can carry anywhere
- Work-integrated learning and nothing to pay for your qualification
- Expressions of interest open from March 2022.
- Available in metro and regional NSW
How do I apply?
- Submit an expression of interest below and a HVTC representative will contact you, or
- Keep checking our vacancies page so you can apply online when vacancies are listed
Frequently asked questions:
DET Information Technology Traineeships - FAQ