Your future begins with Centennial
Looking for a career with real hands-on work experience?
HVTC and Centennial are giving school leavers and job seekers a pathway to a career in mining through apprenticeships and traineeships at their Lithgow and Lake Macquarie mine sites. Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Engineering Mechanical apprenticeships
- Electrical apprenticeships
- Business traineeships
- Mining traineeships
During your apprenticeship you will undertake a Certificate III qualification over 4 years for an apprenticeship (1-2 years for a traineeship) combining hands-on practical experience hosted to Centennial and off-the-job training through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Since 2007 we've placed approximately 200 apprentices and trainees into various roles, achieving strong completion and retention rates, meaning that once you complete your training there's a good chance you'll secure a stable, long-term and well-paying job. Centennial is also big on career development with many former HVTC apprentices undertaking further training and progressing into leadership roles within the organisation.
Why choose an apprenticeship or traineeship?
Whether you're leaving school and have your heart set on a trade, are thinking of a career change or you're still unsure of what to do but don't think university is the right pathway at this point in time, an apprenticeship is a great starting point and can open the doors to further training and employment opportunities. Some of the benefits of completing an apprenticeship or traineeship with us include:
- Hands-on experience in an underground mining environment
- High earning potential with above award rates that increase as you progress
- Work with one of Australia's leading mining companies
- Opportunities for growth and career progression
- Paid work while you study
- Nationally recognised Cert III qualification from a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Vital workplace experience you can carry anywhere
- A dedicated HVTC Workforce Solutions Specialist to provide mentoring and support
- Work-integrated learning with individual mentors on site
How do I apply?
- Visit our careers page to view our current vacancies with Centennial or fill out an Expression of Interest below to be notified when a role of interest becomes available.