Business Administration Traineeships
Where can an admin traineeship take you? The possibilities are endless.
In 2020, Joel Hartley commenced a Business Administration traineeship with HVTC in Rutherford, New South Wales. Not interested in studying at university, Joel opted for a traineeship instead because he wanted to earn money and gain real hands-on work experience while he studied. Fast forward two years, Joel is now undertaking his second traineeship - this time in the Marketing and Communications space and recently attended the prestigious Today's Skills Tomorrow's Leaders Program in Canberra.
Georgie Stephenson has also used her Business Admin traineeship as a catapult for further training and employment opportunities. In 2013 Georgie commenced her traineeship with HVTC while hosted to Goulburn-Mulwaree Council for on-the-job training. Today, Georgie is still working with Council, but has moved into a people-focused role as the Human Resources Coordinator.
So what do Joel and Georgie's journeys tell us? Business Admin training provides you with a very important suite of foundational skills that will take you anywhere. But you're probably wondering, what exactly does a business admin trainee do? Well, lots of things and it depends on who you're working for, but generally the types of tasks you'll be doing might include:
- mail, filing and data entry
- greeting and handling customer enquiries via phone, email and face to face
- using various computer software tools to assist with the business operations
- ordering stationary and other office supplies
- providing general administration and office support
How does a traineeship work?
A full-time traineeship is typically completed over 12 months and involves hands-on practical training in the workplace and off-the-job training through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). This means you get to take the things you're learning in your study component and apply them in a real work environment. Business Admin traineeships are available in:
- Certificate III in Business Administration
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
What are the perks?
- Paid work while you study
- Nationally recognised Cert III or IV qualification
- Industry co-designed, innovative vendor specific training
- Vital workplace experience you can carry anywhere
- Mentoring and support with an HVTC Field Officer
- Available in metro and regional NSW
How do I apply?
- Submit an expression of interest below and a HVTC representative will contact you, or
- Keep checking our vacancies page so you can apply online when vacancies are listed