What we offer
For apprentices and trainees we offer a career starter that gives you a nationally recognised qualification, practical training, work experience and money while you learn.
For employers we deliver a smart and affordable way to boost your business by recruiting, managing and mentoring apprentices and trainees.
Through its 11 regional branches HVTC provides more than 30 years of experienced service in employment and training solutions across northern New South Wales and South East Queensland.
HVTC is committed to the work health and safety for all our employees.
Providing a safe workplace is one of our most important company values.
We check on the safety of all our people through regular workplace visits and making sure there's access to important safety information.
Reasons why we work for you
• Our qualifications are nationally recognised, which means our apprentices and trainees can take their skills Australia-wide.
• Our apprentice completion rates are significantly higher than the industry average of 50%.
• We recruit, employ and pay apprentices and trainees direct, saving host employers time and money. Our host employers can focus on providing productive and meaningful work experience.
• Our success is due to our expert staff, extensive mentoring and the long term relationships with employers. We offer better staff to student ratios than many other organisations.
• We have 11 regional branches across NSW providing apprentices and trainees with a broad range of opportunities. We can recruit more broadly and provide the coverage needed by organisations who work further afield.
• Our Australian Government supported Indigenous Employment Strategy provides business incentives and culturally specific mentoring for indigenous people to gain skills while successfully working for local businesses.
• We have award winning apprentices and trainees. HVTC had more finalists in the Group Training Australia Awards (2011) than any other training company. Hunter-based trainee Rebecca Connell was named Trainee of the Year at the 2011 Group Training Australia National Awards. Nowra-based Brooke Eveleigh was named Trainee of the Year at the 2012 NSW & ACT GTA Awards.